Web Portal End User Agreement
YOU AGREE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Use appropriate safeguards to prevent the use or disclosure of patient information other than as permitted pursuant to this agreement or applicable federal and state law;
- Use appropriate safeguards to prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure of your user name or user identification (password);
- Ensure that your employees or other agents who you authorize to access our web portal and who access protected health information comply with the provisions of this agreement and all applicable federal and state law including, but not limited to, the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information and the Security Standards (collectively, the "HIPAA Regulations") at 45 C.F.R. Parts 160, 162 and 164 under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (the "HITECH Act"), Title XIII of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Pub. L. 111-5);
- Immediately report to us, any use or disclosure of Protected Health Information, as defined by the HIPAA Regulations, which are not permitted by this agreement or applicable federal and state law;
- Make available to your patients Protected Health Information as required by applicable federal and state law;
- Allow access to our web portal ONLY to personnel who have an essential need for access and require access user names and identification unique to each individual. You are responsible and accountable for all entries and all retrievals accessed under your user name and password;
- Require each of your employees and relevant agents to read this User Confidentiality Agreement and execute a copy for your records;
- Notify us when any authorized user of our web portal is no longer in your employ;
- Not to access or request any information as to which you have no responsibility;
- Not leave a secured computer application open to the web portal unattended while signed on.
We reserve the right to terminate this agreement and your use of the web portal upon making a determination in our sole discretion that there has been a violation or breach of any of the terms of this agreement.